Both kids are doing lots of talking and are continually adding new words to their vocabulary. We have a couple of new key words in particular being used in our house by the little people. They surely have heard it enough times to start understanding what the meaning of this very simple but powerful word. .... "NO!" Both kids have begun telling each other no with the shaking little pointer finger thrown in for good measure. When they know the other is doing something that is a no,no then Mom hears about it and comes to see what's going on. Kylin has also answered many questions I ask her with a "no" and when she sees me with her bottle of Pediasure she sweetly says "no" and smiles and runs away from me. Our second word being used alot lately is "Go." Kylin began using this word a few weeks ago and she would push Preston from behind and say "go" to him. Now Preston is seeking revenge and he has a more volatile way of pushing Kylin and saying "go", which usually ends with Kylin pushed to the floor and leaving her to cry.
We have had some serious battles lately due to both kids wanting the others' toys or for the other to get out of their space. It seems that when I leave them in a room alone to play while I am completing household tasks that either they are totally quiet (i.e. into something they aren't supposed to be), or they are battling about something and somebody is crying. Kylin has decided that she has had enough of her little brother bullying her, and she is learning to run from him with his toy, or she will grab stuff out of his hand and really tick him off. Sometimes it is fun to watch them interact with each other, but often times I am trying to decide if I need to intervene to calm the battle of the wills.
The kids birthday was spent at Grandma and Grandpa K's house and we attended the NDSU Homecoming parade and the kids both enjoyed collecting and eating candy and Preston enjoyed that there was only 1 band in the parade making noise. Mom went to the game while Dad attended Guard Drill and the kids went with the Grandparents. It was nice to enjoy some time having adult fun at the game and the local establishment for a few beverages.
Yesterday we had the kids' 2 year pictures taken, and they did very well. I was so thankful to have a nice set of pictures to choose from. If you remember, we didn't have 18 month pictures due to a huge crying fit by both kids (and Mom) at the portrait studio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey there! I had a quick question for you...how do you get a list of Preemie friends started on your blog website? I want to start a list but do not know how to!! Thanks!
Where, oh where, do they learn that finger-wagging from?! My two do that and, I swear, I have never done that to them! Must be innate... Silly kids!
Post a Comment