Monday, May 14, 2007

Streaker

I need to write about all of Preston's little happenings, before I forget them. He recently decided that streaking was a pretty funny activity. He was playing with Kylin in our bedroom, and I went to check on them and found Preston with only a shirt on! He had shed himself of his diaper and pants and socks. He was giggling when asked him what he was doing? Yesterday, Preston said his first 2 word sentence!!! In honor of Mother's Day he said "hi Dad." This morning we were reading a book with simple pictures of common objects, and he identified the banana by saying "nana", he pointed to the picture of the hat and used sign language for hat by patting his head, and for apple he said "bappl". He is finally on the road to communicating with us using words!!!!!!

Now that Kylin has more experience with walking, she is starting to learn that she can run also. Her favorite new game is chase me! Her eating isn't going well at all lately, so I am hoping I hear from the dietician this week, so that we can get some nighttime feedings started and hopefully her eating will return. She has had lots of problems with keeping her bottles down this past week, and we are getting very sick of dealing with vomit everyday. I know her reflux has alot to do with things, but I also think that her teeth have been bothering her too. She is working on at least 1 eye tooth right now.

This past weekend, Mom got to get away for 2 days without kids. Dad stayed home (with a little help from Grandma and Grandpa K), and held down the fort. Mom traveled to Minneapolis to Karissa's baby shower and got to visit with lots of Dad's relatives and had a very nice trip.
Yesterday when I returned home, both kids were sleeping, so I didn't get a welcoming home from them that I had envisioned, but that's ok. Mom had a very nice Mother's Day and she got some very beautiful roses from Dad. Thank you Dad!!!

Today we are taking the kids to the State Capital to have their pictures taken along with many other kids of military families and the governor of North Dakota, in honor of "Military Appreciation Month." It has been so fun this spring to expose them to kids their age and older. Kylin tends to gravitate to little girls, and Preston to boys. Are they really able to identify the gender differences? I am not sure, but it sure is cute to watch them interact!!!

I will take some new pictures this week and post them!

No comments: