I am so tired of people in our house being sick! We had the stomach flu with diarrhea, vomiting and aches (which all 4 of us had), then we had colds at Christmas... and now Kylin has the dreaded "v-word" (aka virus). Viruses are so frustrating, because all you can do is push the fluids, give the Motrin and Tylenol and get babies to sleep as much as possible. She has been running temps from 100.5-104.5 degrees since Wednesday morning. She definitely is not herself. She is very whiney and miserable. She will not eat, in fact if I even take her in the kitchen she starts this gagging act. We have had to tube feed 100% of her intake since Wed. afternoon and she won't eat any solids. Last night when her temp hit the high of 104.5 I got nervous and we took her to the walk-in clinic and Uncle Mike and Teresa came to watch Preston. After 90 minutes, we were of course sent home with the diagnosis of a "virus" on top of teething. The MD thought that her teething plus the virus could cause temps to escalate even more. She has nasal congestion, so we have been giving her Albuterol and Pulmicort nebulizer treatments since Thursday. Her ears looked great and her lungs were clear and they had done tests on her urine to rule out bladder infection which was negative. We will stay the course and keep giving the drugs around the clock and hopefully she will begin feeling better soon.
Today I have the aches, chills and just have no energy. Hopefully I am just going to fight it and it will disappear. Of course I have no time to get sick as Mom to 2 little one's. Dad leaves for a 6 day business trip to sunny Florida on Sunday, so hopefully things are better around here by then. Preston knows something is up, and everytime I hold Kylin, he comes over and give her the friendly, but too aggressive love pat on the head. He has definitely been trying to seek more attention since Kylin has just wanted to be held. It's a juggling act to try to keep everyone happy.
Here's to better health for all!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment