Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Catching on!

After nearly 2 years of having the Mic-key button for her feedings, Kylin (and Preston) are really catching on to what it's all about. Yesterday I had Kylin's tube, syringe and bottle of Pediasure sitting on the couch just prior to her morning feeding, and Kylin took the tube was trying to connect it to her "button". She is very aware of what it is for, and it was pretty cute to see her trying to do it herself. While I was feeding her then, Preston comes along and he tries to help connect the tube while she is drinking the bottle and then he helps me pour it into the syringe during her feeding. Maybe this awareness will help us to decrease having to use the tube as time passes. She is eating great now that she is healed from her surgery. After about 8 days, she began eating and his doing so well!

This past weekend, Mom spent the weekend running around Fargo in the snow and ice to try to find us a place to live (temporary rental), and also interviewing day cares. I am proud to say that I accomplished both tasks at hand. We interviewed 4 day cares, and the final interview sold me immediately. The women who run it are a Great Grandma, a Grandma and a Mom and they call themselves "Three Generations Child Care". I left there and knew that was where I wanted my kids to go because they are so friendly and they have so many clever things they do with the kids and they get out and about in the community to learn and play. After the interview I was told that they had a few more interviews to do and that they would let me know when they made their choice. I was quite stressed the past 2 days, and just hoping they would "choose" my kids to join their little paradise. This morning I got the call, and I was so relieved that we were chosen and the kids will start a transition period the week prior to Kyle and I starting work. I could go on and on about the wonderful things I saw and heard in my interview, but lets just suffice it to say that this will be a wonderful place for my kids to be while Mom joins the working world full-time!

Both kids are doing quite well, and we are still healthy, so that is a bonus!!!!! They are both doing so well with talking, and Kylin is my little parakeet. She repeats everything we say!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am so behind on my blogs--I can't believe everything that has been going on with you guys! I am so glad that Kylin's surgery went well and that she is gaining some awareness of her g-tube feedings. It's awesome that the kids are doing so well stringing words together, that Preston is jumping all over the place and oh. my. gosh. those Halloween costumes were cute! I wish you all the best of luck in your upcoming move--how exciting! As far as the daycare guilt goes, you will find that it is very manageable when you have really good, quality childcare with people who truly love your kids. They'll be great! J&A started when they were at about this same level verbally, and it was perfect--they could say enough to not spend their days being frustrated, and being around other (talking) kids made their verbal skills increase exponentially. Hugs to everyone!